It is difficult to get accurate data on exactly how big the Internet is, but here are some interesting facts*:
- The first domain names were registered in 1985. Among them were Symbolics.com, Xerox.com and HP.com.
- GoDaddy is the single largest Domain Registrar (almost 1/3 of the domain market) followed by ENOM, Tucows and Network Solutions.
- There are 324 TLDs (Top Level Domains), but only 5 that can used by anyone to register a domain name (.com, .net, .biz, .info and .org)
- There were 15,000 domains registered in 1995. There are now over 350,000,000.
- 150k new URLs are registered each day, which is an increase of 21% from 2009.
- In 2008, Google was indexing 1 trillion unique URLs.
What does this all mean to you?
More and more people are using the Internet everyday to find services and products, and to promote their business and brand.
If your business or organization isn’t on the Internet, then the search results are only going to include your competitors.
Create a web presence and Get Found!